Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are itunes movies on BigSur11.5.2

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 4:41 PM

See the following from What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

The Apple TV app is the new home for all of your movies, TV shows, and home videos — including your purchases from iTunes. Browse movies and TV shows that you can buy, rent movies, and subscribe to just the channels that you want to watch. And soon you can discover new favorites with Apple TV+.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 4:41 PM in response to privacyplease37

See the following from What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

The Apple TV app is the new home for all of your movies, TV shows, and home videos — including your purchases from iTunes. Browse movies and TV shows that you can buy, rent movies, and subscribe to just the channels that you want to watch. And soon you can discover new favorites with Apple TV+.

Sep 22, 2021 2:04 AM in response to FoxFifth

Not happy Jan.

I have a home collection of DVDs that all were legitimately purchased and enjoyed watching them via the physical DVD player and my wide screen TV. I then thought it would be better to digitize them and import them into iTunes. It offered to share them so with a couple of steps of digitizing them on my file server, the selected videos could be viewed from one of my two TV screens in the home via a connected Apple TV. This was all legal as I had paid for the original discs and no, they didn’t get passed around to my friends to have a copy fest.

One day, Apple decided to tinker with iTunes, to disassemble the component parts and “streamline” use by offering separate applications. My 600+ movies disappeared. The menu options on my Apple TV also underwent a major revision and so my carefully digitised collection is now lost.

I can guess what Apple’s motivation is having produced an online movie service and keenly selling it to me to buy / rent their collection. I may join that one day but would like to know if there is a way that other users have worked out to help out in my particular situation. I think that it is rude of Apple to callously chop off people’s legitimate data just because they feel like it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.