Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update the operating system?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 7:35 PM

First you tell us the sub-model of your MacBook Pro and what OS version it now runs. We are your fellow end users with no way to see nor touch your computer to find hat information, and must rely on information you provide.

Older MacBook Pro sub-models cannot run the latest OS versions. Both pieces of information area available from "About this Mac..." in your Apple menu:

For security reasons, please do not post your serial number here.

With that information we can give a concise answer to any upgrade path available to you, if any.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 7:35 PM in response to MaggsA22

First you tell us the sub-model of your MacBook Pro and what OS version it now runs. We are your fellow end users with no way to see nor touch your computer to find hat information, and must rely on information you provide.

Older MacBook Pro sub-models cannot run the latest OS versions. Both pieces of information area available from "About this Mac..." in your Apple menu:

For security reasons, please do not post your serial number here.

With that information we can give a concise answer to any upgrade path available to you, if any.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.