Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods mic issue

My airpods mic volume keeps switching from normal to extremely low volume. I’ve changed the mic input from always left and that doesn’t work.

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 3:10 PM

Hello,

Hmm, try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2021 3:10 PM in response to ahmcni

Hello,

Hmm, try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

Sep 27, 2021 4:15 PM in response to ezam192

Figured it out I think for now. Remove your AirPods from all of your devices. Only connect to a single device.

setting >> Bluetooth >>AirPods —> disconnect —> forget device >> turn off Bluetooth >> hard reset iPhone. After Apple logo appears go to settings >> turn on Bluetooth >> open AirPod case hold button on the back connect to “iPhone” go to voice memos and record something, hit playback and see if you can hear your voice. You have to do that for every device. 3 iPads, 2 iPhones a MacBook Pro and 2 Apple TV’s what a pain but your mic will work. You’ll waste your time calling Apple support they don’t know what to do or know and aren’t saying.

Airpods mic issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.