Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I’ve just purchased a new iMac with the wireless keyboard. However, the keyboard isn’t working this morning at all

my wireless keyboard isn’t working on my imac, any suggestions?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 2:51 AM

• Check the on/ff switch on the rear edge of the keyboard.

• Check that the keyboard battery is charged by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar

• Try connecting the charger cable which plugs into the computer’s USB port, this bypasses Bluetooth and the keyboard should work even if the battery is charging.

• See if it works after booting into safe mode both with and without the charger cable plugged in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 2:51 AM in response to Keyboard21

• Check the on/ff switch on the rear edge of the keyboard.

• Check that the keyboard battery is charged by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar

• Try connecting the charger cable which plugs into the computer’s USB port, this bypasses Bluetooth and the keyboard should work even if the battery is charging.

• See if it works after booting into safe mode both with and without the charger cable plugged in.

Hi I’ve just purchased a new iMac with the wireless keyboard. However, the keyboard isn’t working this morning at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.