Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Keyboard not working. I have a desktop IMAC.

wireless keyboard isn't working. I have changed batteries. Tried another wireless keyboard. Nothing. When I turn it on it blinks and then nothing?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 10:15 AM

It is always sensible to have a spare wired keyboard and wired mouse as backup when using their wireless counterparts. If the wireless keyboard has an on/off switch toggle that on and off before booting the Mac.

Take the batteries out, and replace, just in case you inserted them incorrectly. If you have a stronger bluetooth signal than your Mac nearby, it may jam your Mac recognizing your wireless keyboard.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 10:15 AM in response to Digitalworld2020

It is always sensible to have a spare wired keyboard and wired mouse as backup when using their wireless counterparts. If the wireless keyboard has an on/off switch toggle that on and off before booting the Mac.

Take the batteries out, and replace, just in case you inserted them incorrectly. If you have a stronger bluetooth signal than your Mac nearby, it may jam your Mac recognizing your wireless keyboard.

Wireless Keyboard not working. I have a desktop IMAC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.