Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro mid 2012 SSD

Good day all

I need to physically remove to retrieve data from my SSD drive, how can I connect the SSD drive to another computer? Does exist a sort of adaptor?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:10 AM

Maybe I can help a little, Using an external storage device with Mac

External hard drives, thumb drives, USB drives, Flash memory cards, and devices like iPods are examples of storage devices that can be connected to your Mac using a Thunderbolt, USB, or FireWire cable, or connected wirelessly using Bluetooth.

Storage devices (such as external hard drives) may also be available on the network. Additionally, you can insert flash memory cards from cameras or other devices in the SDXC card slot on your Mac. If your Mac doesn't have a card slot, you can access the data on a flash memory card using a connected card reader.

After connecting the storage device, you can move files from Mac to storage device or from storage device to Mac.

Thanks

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 7:10 AM in response to Geneprio

Maybe I can help a little, Using an external storage device with Mac

External hard drives, thumb drives, USB drives, Flash memory cards, and devices like iPods are examples of storage devices that can be connected to your Mac using a Thunderbolt, USB, or FireWire cable, or connected wirelessly using Bluetooth.

Storage devices (such as external hard drives) may also be available on the network. Additionally, you can insert flash memory cards from cameras or other devices in the SDXC card slot on your Mac. If your Mac doesn't have a card slot, you can access the data on a flash memory card using a connected card reader.

After connecting the storage device, you can move files from Mac to storage device or from storage device to Mac.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2021 12:08 PM in response to Geneprio

Hi all

sorry for late reply but was busy on finding out a solution. Ok it’s a Retina. Over Amazon I found this adaptor

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07PJTFBKL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1EBUOGP3RB6F4&psc=1

the idea is to swap the SSD from my MacBook Air Early 2014 with the one from the MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012 and recover all the data. Because also the Pro cannot be fix I was wondering if I can use that SSD on a Air Laptop....

macbook pro mid 2012 SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.