Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome doesn't have permission to access camera from Mac, but is not listed in "Allow apps below to access your camera" checklist. What do I do?

I've been trying to make Mac allow access of camera to Chrome, but it hasn't been working.

1. When I go to System preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera, I only have 2 apps listed with checkmarks: Teams and Wechat. Chrome is not there.
  2. My Mac is updated up to date
  3. Chrome is updated up to date
  4. I tried restarting my Mac, didn't work
  5. I tried "sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant" and its equivalent, but it didn't work
  6. I had the same issue with the microphone, but when I used mictests.com, "Allow Chrome microphone access" popup appeared and let me give permission to Chrome. The same is not happening for the camera and it just says that there are no connected cameras.

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:53 AM

Check / Test if you have same issue in a new User account (Admin). and Test in safe mode if you have same issue.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If you have same issue in a New User Account and safe mode. Suggest you to remove Chrome completely as per the developer and then re-install with a fresh copy/updated version of chrome and see if it works as expected.

Please mention the macOS version and the mac model.

Also suggest you to check in Google Chrome support for help.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 8:53 AM in response to seoyeon148

Check / Test if you have same issue in a new User account (Admin). and Test in safe mode if you have same issue.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If you have same issue in a New User Account and safe mode. Suggest you to remove Chrome completely as per the developer and then re-install with a fresh copy/updated version of chrome and see if it works as expected.

Please mention the macOS version and the mac model.

Also suggest you to check in Google Chrome support for help.

Sep 13, 2021 8:48 AM in response to seoyeon148

seoyeon148 wrote:

1. I've been trying to make Mac allow access of camera to Chrome, but it hasn't been working.

When I go to System preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera, I only have 2 apps listed with checkmarks: Teams and Wechat. Chrome is not there.
2. My Mac is updated up to date
3. Chrome is updated up to date
4. I tried restarting my Mac, didn't work
5. I tried "sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant" and its equivalent, but it didn't work
6. I had the same issue with the microphone, but when I used mictests.com, "Allow Chrome microphone access" popup appeared and let me give permission to Chrome. The same is not happening for the camera and it just says that there are no connected cameras.

System preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy >Full Disk Access

then add the parent process, make changes. Once added to Full Disk Access you can then limit/add.

Change Privacy preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Change Security & Privacy General preferences on Mac

Chrome doesn't have permission to access camera from Mac, but is not listed in "Allow apps below to access your camera" checklist. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.