Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD ACTIVATION LOCKED

So I had an Ipad that my husband gave me (an Ipadpro12.9 inches) i think that was 2017. I changed the apple ID in 2018 because his apple id was still logged on. Then I changed it to a new email for my daughter once again then i decided to delete the apple id that i made for that ipad. SInce I can use mine for my daughter. AFter that I factory reset the ipad so that it would be clean before my daughter use it. Now i couldnt logged on and activate, it says to signed in the apple id that was associated in the ipad. i have been trying the email address i made but couldnt logged on it says email is invalid or it doesnt exist. what to do the ipad is still okay and all. My husband couldnt find a receipt of purchase since ithas been a long time ago when he purchased it. Tried contacting the apple support via chat 2019 but they just cut me off. the ipad was off for almost 2 years. Tried to fix it again, hope you can help me i dont want to throw it because it is still usable for our homeschooling.

Thank you in advance.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:32 AM

See How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

I don't know why you had problems with chat but it may have been because Apple has a specific service for unlocking devices.

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 8:32 AM in response to CandyMonroe

See How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

I don't know why you had problems with chat but it may have been because Apple has a specific service for unlocking devices.

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not state what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

IPAD ACTIVATION LOCKED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.