Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

s3.amazonaws.com screen time

Has anyone encountered an issue where a website appears to be active 100% of the time? The attached image is an example of my iPhone XS Max (iOS 15 public beta) with max screen time used for s3.amazonaws.com. The device was inactive throughout the night while my phone was charging.

I have seen a situation on my MacBook Pro where the same “max screen time activity” was observed for a ford.com website, but I’m not sure why this is happening or if there is any potential security threat. I have not been able to root cause the issue.

Any help to root cause or explain this behavior is appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:48 AM

3 replies

Sep 13, 2021 7:20 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks Lawrence for the response.

Doesn’t it seem odd however that the application name wouldn’t be noted? I’m starting to think this is a reporting error for Screen Time on Safari websites since I also noticed it on MacOS with the Ford website. I didn’t have any Ford applications or Safari tabs running at the time.

Perhaps this is just a bug with how Apple reports or sandboxes applications for Screen Time reports, but since I’ve now seen this across both MacOS and iOS, I thought it was important to report and get feedback from the community on if others had seen it.

Also to note, there’s the notion that my phone was sleeping (display off) for the duration of the evening, yet the Screen Time report shows the the service active for 60 minutes over several hours. This appears to be a bug.

s3.amazonaws.com screen time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.