Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop photo

How do I change desktop photo when MAC first comes not? Not the desktop screen saver. I searched under help and it shows the following. I have Catalina but not chance to see Dynamic or change photo.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:22 AM

5 replies

Sep 13, 2021 10:53 AM in response to Crisonya

do you mean the screen where you enter your password to login to your mac? if yes, see below.

if you are the sole user (not even a guest account) AND file vault is turned off you can go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options and set "Display login window as" to "List of users". then your login screen matches your desktop background.

if you are using file vault or have multiple users, the above will not work.  if that's your situation, you will need to wait for apple to address this. it may be worth your time to send feedback directly to apple. Feedback - macOS - Apple

Sep 13, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Crisonya

Crisonya wrote:

How do I change desktop photo when MAC first comes not? Not the desktop screen saver. I searched under help and it shows the following. I have Catalina but not chance to see Dynamic or change photo.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/2147bdae-147d-47ce-8716-720c8bedfb12

There is no user preferences for changing the macOS system image when you turn on the machine—

until you click or log into your account. Here you can make changes to "your" Desktop photo preference

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Sep 13, 2021 1:37 PM in response to Crisonya

are you trying to change the desktop pic in the System Preferences > Desktop&Screensaver pane (which is how it's normally done) and it's not changing? if yes, see if you can change it by opening your photos app. single click on any picture to highlight it. then in the photos toolbar click the "share" button and choose "Set Desktop Picture".

Desktop photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.