Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get any charge into Ipad - charge cable usesd works on Iphone12 - ipad Air is 18m old and I aint on it all day everyday

cant get any charge into Ipad - charge cable usesd works on Iphone12 - ipad Air is 18m old and I aint on it all day everyday - maybe 2hrs per day tops - cleaned out the lightning port gently for debris dust etc but still no joy

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 10:48 AM

Many iPhone Power Adapters are only rated a 5W - and are totally inadequate for charging an iPad. Most models of iPad require a USB Power Adapter of 12W or greater to reliably charge.

If your Power Adapter is adequately rated - are having difficulties with charging your iPad, consider that the problem may be with the Power Adapter, cable, or iPad. These support pages should help with troubleshooting:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Troubleshooting generally requires substitution of the Power Adapter and cable for another known-good item.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Raggy9876_

Many iPhone Power Adapters are only rated a 5W - and are totally inadequate for charging an iPad. Most models of iPad require a USB Power Adapter of 12W or greater to reliably charge.

If your Power Adapter is adequately rated - are having difficulties with charging your iPad, consider that the problem may be with the Power Adapter, cable, or iPad. These support pages should help with troubleshooting:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Troubleshooting generally requires substitution of the Power Adapter and cable for another known-good item.

cant get any charge into Ipad - charge cable usesd works on Iphone12 - ipad Air is 18m old and I aint on it all day everyday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.