Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Air User

I bought a MacBook Air for my daughter who was a senior in high school in 03/2020. Unfortunately, my daughter was hit by a car and killed in 10/2020. I can login to her computer because I know her password. Is there a way I can assign her computer to me without getting rid of her account. I would still like to be able to login and see her notes, text messages, music, and pictures. We cannot use her iPhone because it was shattered during the accident.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:22 PM

So sorry for your loss.

Assuming her account is and admin one, you can create a new admin user for yourself. See Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Also contact Apple Support in order to get control of her Apple ID, this might help Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 8:22 PM in response to Jdrohr

So sorry for your loss.

Assuming her account is and admin one, you can create a new admin user for yourself. See Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Also contact Apple Support in order to get control of her Apple ID, this might help Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

New MacBook Air User

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.