Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicked on "Unsubscribe" on a Phishing Mail

I was scrolling inside the mail app, then i show a phising mail. I accidentaly clicked on "Unsubscribe". Than as usual in mail sent mail i found a new mail sent. What risks do i run ? What should i do ?

Thanks.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 1:36 PM

Tabris94 wrote:

Thank for your reply, I totally agree with you. It was just a moment of distraction. I didn't click anything in the mail body, just the message that Mail app suggest. I'm safe also about virus or malware right ?

Thank you so much.

Please be reassured that nothing untoward happened to you. Spammers expect you to provide personal information when clicking those links.

As you haven't done so, you may sleep without any worries; you are completely safe.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 1:36 PM in response to Tabris94

Tabris94 wrote:

Thank for your reply, I totally agree with you. It was just a moment of distraction. I didn't click anything in the mail body, just the message that Mail app suggest. I'm safe also about virus or malware right ?

Thank you so much.

Please be reassured that nothing untoward happened to you. Spammers expect you to provide personal information when clicking those links.

As you haven't done so, you may sleep without any worries; you are completely safe.

Sep 13, 2021 1:14 PM in response to Tabris94

There is no risk to your data as long as you didn't provide any personal informations after clicking the Unsubscribe link.

Now, clicking the link will notify the spammers that your email address is valid and active; Expect to see more spam emails in the future. Simply ignore them. And, most importantly, do not click on anything in those emails, ever.

My rule is that is that if I receive an email from, say a bank asking me to do something by clicking on a link, I ignore the link and go to the bank website myself using Safari.

Clicked on "Unsubscribe" on a Phishing Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.