Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have music under 2 Apple IDs. Need to merge. One of the accounts has my music on it. Please help.

how to merge 2 music accounts. One has my music and playlists those things need to be moved to new Apple ID

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 8:07 AM

Hello Anniem055,

We see that you’d like to merge two Apple IDs.

There isn’t a way to merge to Apple IDs. Purchased content can not be moved from one Apple ID to another. You can share purchased content with Family Sharing, but curated music playlists aren’t shared. Family Sharing

If you got a new email address you can change the email address associated with your Apple ID. You can learn how to do that here: Change your Apple ID

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 8:07 AM in response to Community User

Hello Anniem055,

We see that you’d like to merge two Apple IDs.

There isn’t a way to merge to Apple IDs. Purchased content can not be moved from one Apple ID to another. You can share purchased content with Family Sharing, but curated music playlists aren’t shared. Family Sharing

If you got a new email address you can change the email address associated with your Apple ID. You can learn how to do that here: Change your Apple ID

Cheers!

Sep 15, 2021 5:24 AM in response to Community User

Anniem055,

Purchased content can not be moved from one Apple ID to another. That includes apps, music, books, tv shows, and more.

If you're concerned that someone knows the email address associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. That ensures that your purchased content is still associated with your Apple ID, but the email address would be different. You can learn more about managing your Apple ID here: Manage and use your Apple ID

You can also check which devices are signing with your Apple ID and remove them if needed. Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Cheers!

Sep 14, 2021 12:48 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Actually I do not want to merge the 2 IDs. I am being cyber stalked in one. I want to move my music to the new one. Don’t want to pay twice and want to take it with me. Is there a way? If I move everything to a thumb drive?

I have music under 2 Apple IDs. Need to merge. One of the accounts has my music on it. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.