Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (2019) will not update.

My MacBook Pro (2019) will not update. The machine displays an error message stating it needs to be connected to the internet.

It is wirelessly connected and I have over 700 GB available on the hard drive. It is running maOS Catalina.

Can anyone explain what is going on?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:49 PM

grunt2917 Said:

"MacBook Pro (2019) will not update.: My MacBook Pro (2019) will not update. The machine displays an error message stating it needs to be connected to the internet. It is wirelessly connected and I have over 700 GB available on the hard drive. It is running maOS Catalina.Can anyone explain what is going on?"

-------

Create a New User:

See what happens when you create a new Administrator user, and try updating through that user.

Any Security Software?

If you have security software, then it may be blocking you out. So, uninstall the software, per the Developer's instructions. Note that Security Software just gets in the way on a Mac, and this is a pure example of how and why. Once uninstalled, then proceed with another update.

Backup First:

Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 9:49 PM in response to grunt2917

grunt2917 Said:

"MacBook Pro (2019) will not update.: My MacBook Pro (2019) will not update. The machine displays an error message stating it needs to be connected to the internet. It is wirelessly connected and I have over 700 GB available on the hard drive. It is running maOS Catalina.Can anyone explain what is going on?"

-------

Create a New User:

See what happens when you create a new Administrator user, and try updating through that user.

Any Security Software?

If you have security software, then it may be blocking you out. So, uninstall the software, per the Developer's instructions. Note that Security Software just gets in the way on a Mac, and this is a pure example of how and why. Once uninstalled, then proceed with another update.

Backup First:

Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the update.

MacBook Pro (2019) will not update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.