Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

guided access on an ipad

i do not know the 6 digit passcode to turn off the guided access on my ipad. How can i turn it off?

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 5:22 AM

Without the correct Passcode, the only way to get out of Guided Access is to press the Home and Power button together for 15 seconds. This should turn off Guided Access by forcibly rebooting your device. Once your device is restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > Guided Access - and turn off Guided Access if needed.

Use Guided Access on iPad - Apple Support

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 5:22 AM in response to fletchersipads

Without the correct Passcode, the only way to get out of Guided Access is to press the Home and Power button together for 15 seconds. This should turn off Guided Access by forcibly rebooting your device. Once your device is restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > Guided Access - and turn off Guided Access if needed.

Use Guided Access on iPad - Apple Support

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 14, 2021 5:49 AM in response to fletchersipads

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

guided access on an ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.