Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my son iPad is locked and showing guided access . how can he deactivate guided access?

how can i diactivate guided access on my son iPad if i don't know the passcode?

Posted on May 27, 2022 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 2:27 AM

If the Guided Access Passcode has been forgotten, the only way to get out of Guided Access is to press the Home and Power button together for 15 seconds. This should turn off Guided Access by forcibly rebooting your device. Once your device has restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > Guided Access - and turn off Guided Access if needed.

Use Guided Access on iPad - Apple Support

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 2:27 AM in response to rouba259

If the Guided Access Passcode has been forgotten, the only way to get out of Guided Access is to press the Home and Power button together for 15 seconds. This should turn off Guided Access by forcibly rebooting your device. Once your device has restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > Guided Access - and turn off Guided Access if needed.

Use Guided Access on iPad - Apple Support

Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

my son iPad is locked and showing guided access . how can he deactivate guided access?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.