Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted message app

I accidentally deleted the messages app. iOS 14.8. The app is not in the store. I know how to open it with search or asking Siri but not how to reinstall it so I can see it on the screen. Please help. 7 plus

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 9:13 AM

The Messages app cannot be deleted from the iPhone as such there is no need to download it nor an option for it. . The Most you can do is stick it in a folder, move it to another Home Screen, or remove it from the Home screens and into the App Library.

You can use the Spotlight search to try to find it, if its in a folder it will tell you which one, or swipe all the way to your last Home Screen and then swipe again to access App Library and search for it there. Once found, it can be dragged back to a Home Screen or onto the dock.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 9:13 AM in response to MRMARION

The Messages app cannot be deleted from the iPhone as such there is no need to download it nor an option for it. . The Most you can do is stick it in a folder, move it to another Home Screen, or remove it from the Home screens and into the App Library.

You can use the Spotlight search to try to find it, if its in a folder it will tell you which one, or swipe all the way to your last Home Screen and then swipe again to access App Library and search for it there. Once found, it can be dragged back to a Home Screen or onto the dock.

Deleted message app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.