Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I retrieve deleted app message?appstore only says GET

Accidentally deleted the message app on iPhone 8. AppStore shows the message app but I can only hit GET. I can’t get it back on the homepage

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 12:15 PM

Hey there, kathleenfromwhitehall!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you deleted the Message app on your iPhone and are unable to redownload it. We'd be happy to lend a hand so you can get back to using Messages again!

The Message app is a built-in app that cannot be deleted. Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

It's possible you might have removed the app from your screen and it is now located in the App Library. Try using the Search feature on your iPhone to search for the app: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're able to locate the app, try moving it back to your Home Screen. The following link will show you how: Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Feel free to post an update if you need continued support.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 12:15 PM in response to kathleenfromwhitehall

Hey there, kathleenfromwhitehall!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you deleted the Message app on your iPhone and are unable to redownload it. We'd be happy to lend a hand so you can get back to using Messages again!

The Message app is a built-in app that cannot be deleted. Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

It's possible you might have removed the app from your screen and it is now located in the App Library. Try using the Search feature on your iPhone to search for the app: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you're able to locate the app, try moving it back to your Home Screen. The following link will show you how: Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Feel free to post an update if you need continued support.

Take care!

how do I retrieve deleted app message?appstore only says GET

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.