Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad was stolen and I activated lost mode and for a sound when I was turned on. After 2 weeks the iPad doesn’t appear on the Find my device. What happened to it?

My iPad was stolen, I activated lost mode and selected to be notified by “sound” when it was turned on. After 2 weeks, my iPad doesn’t appear on Find my device. What happened to it?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 1:05 PM

All a thief has to do is turn it off and you can’t use FindMy to find it. Or they can keep it “off-network.”

FindMy allows us all to be absent-minded; it does NOT provide the means to track down criminals who don’t want to be found.

You might take some comfort in - since you had “FindMy” activated - that at least the iPad is activation-locked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 1:05 PM in response to MagGer2016

All a thief has to do is turn it off and you can’t use FindMy to find it. Or they can keep it “off-network.”

FindMy allows us all to be absent-minded; it does NOT provide the means to track down criminals who don’t want to be found.

You might take some comfort in - since you had “FindMy” activated - that at least the iPad is activation-locked.

My iPad was stolen and I activated lost mode and for a sound when I was turned on. After 2 weeks the iPad doesn’t appear on the Find my device. What happened to it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.