Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9/13/21 security update crashed my iphone 6s

Hi, I dutifully started the install process of the 9/13/21 security update on all of our Apple devices after the urgent warning went out yesterday. My husband's iPhone 6s started the download, then turned off, then turned back on with the Apple logo on the black screen and has been like that since last night. We've tried the force restart (holding the sleep/wake and home button), but it just shuts off and comes back on with the logo. The phone was working perfectly up until this update last night. Has anyone had a similar issue? Does anyone have a solution? Couldn't get a Genius appointment today so I'm reaching out here. Thank you!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 3:12 PM

How old is the battery in this phone? Sounds like the stress of the update may have pushed it over the edge. You could try a forced restart. Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies

9/13/21 security update crashed my iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.