Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to update to big sur 11.6, but my comouter wont take my passcode.

Why won’t my new MacBook Air take my computer passcode when trying to install the update?

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 3:28 PM

Hello Blake0714.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that the password for your Macbook Air is not accepted when attempting to update the macOS. We will be glad to assist.

First, try restarting your computer to see if that helps. Next, start up in safe mode and try the update: Start up your Mac in safe mode

If you still need help, try resetting the password your Mac and update: Reset your Mac login password

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 3:28 PM in response to Blake0714

Hello Blake0714.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that the password for your Macbook Air is not accepted when attempting to update the macOS. We will be glad to assist.

First, try restarting your computer to see if that helps. Next, start up in safe mode and try the update: Start up your Mac in safe mode

If you still need help, try resetting the password your Mac and update: Reset your Mac login password

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

trying to update to big sur 11.6, but my comouter wont take my passcode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.