Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email nightmares

I have an iPad Air 3, version 14.8. I’m going mad here. When in emails I can’t scroll smoothly - it’s so jerky it makes my eyes ache. Also the edit function doesn’t work - all the ticked folders won’t untick. Thirdly, I can receive, but not send emails. They are, I assume stuck on the server as I don’t get messages to say they haven’t sent.

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 4:11 AM

A forced restart of your iPad may help - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

There does appear to be an intermittent bug within iPadOS14 that causes the Mail App to misbehave. I myself experience a similar issue that reoccurs unless the iPad is restarted about once a week.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 4:11 AM in response to DooneofBromley

A forced restart of your iPad may help - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

There does appear to be an intermittent bug within iPadOS14 that causes the Mail App to misbehave. I myself experience a similar issue that reoccurs unless the iPad is restarted about once a week.

Sep 15, 2021 4:52 AM in response to DooneofBromley

Two possible suggestions…

1) Backup your iPad using iCloud or iTunes - and then Restore your iPad to Factory Settings. This will both wipe the iPad and fully reinstall a fresh copy of iPadOS. After Restoring to Factory Settings, you can restore your data from your backup.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2) Seek assistance and advice directly from Apple Support. You will find the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App (recommended); of not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

A further alternative is to seek help from the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Email nightmares

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.