Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change stacking order of synchronized clips

Hello,

I have a two camera shoot with separate audio. I selected all three clips and "synchronized" them. Then I copied attributes to each clip (resize and crop).

Now, I need to change the stacking order of the video clips. How may I move the second clip to the top position?

SR

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 6:12 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 15, 2021 11:20 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Yes, correct 9 individual clips, 6 video and 3 audio. Copying each set into a container and sync'ing. Then dragging the sync'd clips to the timeline.

When I open the individual container and click the sync clip to see what's inside, I am unable to drag one video clip above the other. That's all I'm trying to accomplish, if possible. See attached screen cap

Sep 15, 2021 6:57 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response and question.

This is a video produced from a radio broadcast. So, I have one long audio clip and three separate video clips from each of the two cameras (i.e. three segments of radio interview).

My process is to rough-cut the main audio into three segments to correspond with the video clips. Then put two videos and the corresponding audio into a folder and sync the clips, making the crops and size transformations needed. Once the first is done and synched, I copy and paste attributes so that the other two segments match layout and appearance.

If it is not possible to change stacking order of synch'd clips, I can work around that, but I wanted to ascertain that as a fact before I move on.

This process was suggested by Apple tech support after discussing what I wanted to accomplish and the problems I was having in accomplishing the envisioned finished project. Here's an example of what I am doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwLB1Qz797E&t=9s

Sep 15, 2021 7:26 AM in response to SteveRoberts1130

"My process is to rough-cut the main audio into three segments to correspond with the video clips. Then put two videos and the corresponding audio into a folder and sync the clips"

Not quite sure what's happening here. You have six clips, three for each camera I gather, and three audio clips. Are you building all these nine components into a single sync container? Maybe you could double click the sync clip to show what's inside it? You perhaps can build the entire project inside the clip container.

What I think I'd do is take the video from one camera, the long shot, and sync it with the audio. Then do the same for second camera. Put the two sync clips in a project, stacked on top of each other, resized and repositioned, then cut out the segments in the show you want to delete in the project timeline. It's really simple, select the clips and use Shift-Cmd-B where you want to cut them both.

Change stacking order of synchronized clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.