Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get the message - The requested version of macOS is not available.- Mac is on the list of the macs that can receive this update.

Greetings,

I get the message - The requested version of macOS is not available.- In app store says its eligible to receive this update. I'm updating from the last version form Catalina.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 10:13 AM

Click on the top left of the screen and select About This Mac.

Now tell us exactly which mac you have and its year.

These are list of macs that can upgrade to macOS Big Sur, if your mac is from 2012 you cannot upgrade

it to macOS Big Sur.

Check compatibility

macOS Big Sur is compatible with the following computers. 

MacBook introduced in 2015 or later

MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later

MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later

Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later

iMac introduced in 2014 or later

iMac Pro

Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later

View the complete list of compatible computers.

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, your Mac needs 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, your Mac needs up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

There is an error in the App Store where you will see Works with this mac, for any mac.

This error has been in the App Store for over a year.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2021 10:13 AM in response to lourenco.azevedo

Click on the top left of the screen and select About This Mac.

Now tell us exactly which mac you have and its year.

These are list of macs that can upgrade to macOS Big Sur, if your mac is from 2012 you cannot upgrade

it to macOS Big Sur.

Check compatibility

macOS Big Sur is compatible with the following computers. 

MacBook introduced in 2015 or later

MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later

MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later

Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later

iMac introduced in 2014 or later

iMac Pro

Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later

View the complete list of compatible computers.

If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, your Mac needs 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, your Mac needs up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.

There is an error in the App Store where you will see Works with this mac, for any mac.

This error has been in the App Store for over a year.

I get the message - The requested version of macOS is not available.- Mac is on the list of the macs that can receive this update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.