Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safety of old IPad?

I have an old IPad 2 that has iOS 9.35. Is it safe to use after the security issue that requires 14.8 be installed. I know it can be updated any further I just want to know if the security issue only affects the iOS 13 and 14 devices or if I should reset my IPad to factory settings and only use it for non internet purposes because of this issue

Thank you for your help!

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 1:26 PM

Your iPad does not need the update to iOS 14.8, because it doesn't have the vulnerability present in versions 13 and 14. You need not do anything.

2 replies

safety of old IPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.