You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working on Ipad, ios 12.5.4

I was using Airdrop between my newer iOS iPhone. But, now it stopped working in either direction. Any ideas? I’ve gone through some of the troubleshooting tips without success.

I can use Airdrop between the iPad Air and a MacBook Pro. Can differing iOS on phone be the issue?

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 2:40 PM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2021 12:23 PM in response to Stan W

Greetings Stan W,

We understand that AirDrop is not working on your iPad at this time. We're happy to help review the best steps to take in this situation.

Our page How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch outlines the settings and configurations for this service. Please note that if Personal Hotspot is enabled on either device, that should be disabled for AirDrop to function, as well as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi being enabled.

As the issue appears isolated to this single device, have you attempted to restart it, or toggle any of the settings related to AirDrop to ensure they are set properly?

If these do not correct the behavior, use the link at the bottom of our article to connect with our support to investigate further.

Cheers!

Sep 20, 2021 5:40 PM in response to Stan W

Having the same problem. I've been airdropping from my Iphone 11 Pro to my iPad Air for years and just the other day it stopped working after applying the latest security updates. I've done everything that troubleshooting says to do (turn wi-fi on/off, turn bluetooth on/off, power devices off/on, make sure wi-fi and bluetooth are turned on, make sure Hotspots are off, make sure airdrop is set to everyone.....nothing fixes it! It's like whatever was in the latest security updates screwed it up. I can airdrop from my iphone to another iphone without any issues, it just can't 'FIND' the iPad to drop to it. Getting really frustrated.

Airdrop not working on Ipad, ios 12.5.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.