Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fire stick for Apple TV app

I am able to install the Apple TV app on my Fire stick, but I'm only able to watch 1 episode of a series, no movies, etc. Everytime I try, I get an error message that reads, "In app purchases aren't allowed on this device....". If Fire stick isn't supported, why can I download the app successfully?

FireTVStick4K/Soundbar,

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 1:56 PM

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities, mclucia!

If we understand, you are using the Apple TV app on an Amazon Fire Stick, and you are only able to watch one specific episode of a single show. We see when you try to watch anything else, an error indicating in-app purchases aren't allowed pops up. You've come to the right place to get help!

According to the information below, found in Footnote 3 of Get the Apple TV app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support, this is expected behavior:

"On Amazon Fire TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can purchase content on another supported device to watch it in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV device."

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 1:56 PM in response to mclucia

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities, mclucia!

If we understand, you are using the Apple TV app on an Amazon Fire Stick, and you are only able to watch one specific episode of a single show. We see when you try to watch anything else, an error indicating in-app purchases aren't allowed pops up. You've come to the right place to get help!

According to the information below, found in Footnote 3 of Get the Apple TV app on your smart TV, streaming device, or game console - Apple Support, this is expected behavior:

"On Amazon Fire TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can purchase content on another supported device to watch it in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV device."

Cheers!

Fire stick for Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.