Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Bluetooth choppy

I bought an iPhone 12 back in April 2021 after using a XR for years (with no issues). Restored from iCloud backup and immediately started having Bluetooth issues. Bluetooth will work fine for a while but after playing for ~5 minutes connected to a device it gets very choppy and sometimes will even slow down or speed up track once playing resumes. It happens regardless of device (tested on LG sound bar, Beats Pill, Car Bluetooth, AirPods - choppiness occurred on all of them consistently). I assumed it was a faulty iPhone but a few weeks back my phone was stolen and I had to buy a new iPhone 12. Same model, same exact Bluetooth issues.

I have tried deleting all Bluetooth and re-pairing them in settings, resetting iPhone, wiping iPhone and restoring as a new device, and the issues persists.

is this a known issue on iPhone 12, or iOS 14 maybe? Just recently updated to iOS 14.8 and the Bluetooth issue remained. I swapped out cases for an Apple iPhone case, even went without a case for a few days in the event that was causing the problem but no luck.

I do have apple care on this device - is that something I would be able to take the the Genius Bar or maybe get a device replacement? Looking for any ideas. It has become a real nuisance especially on work calls when my headphones or car Bluetooth get choppy multiple times. I appreciate any feedback!

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 4:03 AM

1 reply

Sep 17, 2021 10:35 AM in response to Dbrown1202

Hi Dbrown1202,

We see you're having a bluetooth issue with your iPhone. To clarify, does this only happen when restoring from that particular backup? Do you have another backup you could restore from to see if the issue persists?

Since this has occurred with various accessories and iPhones, follow the guidance here for any interference issues: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If the same thing occurs, please use the link at the bottom of the article to Contact Apple Support.

Take care.

iPhone 12 Bluetooth choppy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.