Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Activate iPhone XR after reset (white screen)

My daughter woke up this morning to find her iPhone XR showing a white screen with a darker patch on the right hand side and the phone itself was extremely hot to touch. It was on charge overnight via an official cable/plug.

She turned off the phone and removed the case to let it cool down, when she powered it back on it was showing to plug the phone in to a computer. The phone was plugged in to the laptop and iTunes said that the phone needed to be updated or reset, tried both options but can't seem to get it to activate afterwards.

The phone is showing Hello / Hola etc. but when we follow the setup prompts it goes to a screen to choose a wifi network (no networks show although several should be available), mobile activation (when the sim is in the phone), or when the sim is removed it asks to connect to mac or pc. Whichever option we select we get the message "Unable to Activate", "Your phone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to a Mac or to a PC with iTunes to activate it, or try again over your mobile data connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate using a WI-FI connection..

I've pretty much run out of ideas, I've put the phone back in to recovery mode, tried to reset/restore again via iTunes, at one point I got an error 4010 in iTunes but can't find a resolution for it. Followed every bit of advice I can find on these forums but aren't getting anywhere.

It's an iPhone XR 64gb and the screen was replaced using a genuine Apple part (installed by a 3rd party) around 4 weeks ago but the phone has worked fine since.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 9:39 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to Activate iPhone XR after reset (white screen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.