Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook connects to wifi but there's no internet connection

Ok, I've got a weird situation. 2017 15in MBP running 11.6

Connects to my home wifi but there's no internet.

The weird thing is: all other devices in the house are using this wifi without any difficulties AND this device connects to other wifi systems without a problem - including a secondary network in my home (but that secondary network doesn't have the same coverage so I prefer not to use it).

So ... this device alone cannot connect to this wifi alone. I updated the OS hoping that would fix it. Ran first aid on all components. Tried resetting device and modem with no changes. Any other suggestions?

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 10:57 AM

dr.x... wrote:

The weird thing is: all other devices in the house are using this wifi without any difficulties AND this device connects to other wifi systems without a problem - including a secondary network in my home (but that secondary network doesn't have the same coverage so I prefer not to use it).

So ... this device alone cannot connect to this wifi alone. I updated the OS hoping that would fix it. Ran first aid on all components. Tried resetting device and modem with no changes. Any other suggestions?

See if there is anything here;

Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 10:57 AM in response to dr.x...

dr.x... wrote:

See if there is anything here;

Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook connects to wifi but there's no internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.