Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot delete apps from my watch using the phone - there is no option to show/not show app that I can find. Help, please!

I cannot delete apps from my watch using the phone - there is no option to show/not show app that I can find. Help, please!

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 1:42 AM

Launch the iOS Watch app on your iPhone.

Tap My Watch in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

Scroll down to the "Installed on Apple Watch" list and tap the app that you want to uninstall.

Toggle the switch next to Show App on Apple Watch to the OFF position.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 1:42 AM in response to mandysch

Launch the iOS Watch app on your iPhone.

Tap My Watch in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

Scroll down to the "Installed on Apple Watch" list and tap the app that you want to uninstall.

Toggle the switch next to Show App on Apple Watch to the OFF position.

Oct 24, 2021 8:57 AM in response to mandysch

The answer provided does not work. I have an iPhone 13, and a series 5 watch. I wonder if there is a compatibility issue. The screen where you are supposed to be able to turn off the display on the watch does not respond to your swipe. It just stays there. This goes with all my apps on the watch. I even reset the entire watch once, but still the same problem. I think you've got a bug. Please don't tell us that It works.

Sep 21, 2021 5:57 PM in response to mandysch

Also thanks for being so cool and helpful - I am a retired tech exec and love to get help that does not make me feel like a superannuated idiot (which I may well frequently be, but I installed the first ever apple dealer network in the 1980s and learned from the ground up, so am very committed and love that fact you are willing to help). Promise not to share so much in future, just truly grateful!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.