Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete apps on apple watch

I'm unable to delete apps on my new apple watch. I've tryed from the phone and from the watch.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 6:58 AM

Turns out it was a setting in screen time. Allow delete apps was off.

3 replies

Dec 21, 2021 4:34 PM in response to Huckwashere

If you followed the steps in the article you came from and it is not a builtin app, then the first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Dec 22, 2021 2:48 AM in response to Huckwashere

Launch the iOS Watch app on your iPhone.

Tap My Watch in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

Scroll down to the "Installed on Apple Watch" list and tap the app that you want to uninstall.

Toggle the switch next to Show App on Apple Watch to the OFF position.

Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to bring up the App View.

If you're using List View, swipe left across the app you want to remove, then tap the red trash button. If you're using Grid View, tap and hold to activate jiggle mode, then tap the X in the top-left corner of the app you want to remove.

Tap Delete App to confirm.

Not all apps are available to delete.

can't delete apps on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.