Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable to Verify Update iOS 14.7 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

The following message is incorrect. "Unable to Verify Update iOS 14.7 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet." I have tried: 1) deleting update and restarting the process; 2) creating more space on my IPhone (I have 9 GB free. b.t.w. when I look at storage on my iPhone I see the iOS 14.7 image taking up 4.82 GB ); 3) I have tried shutting down and rebooting my iPhone; 4) I have repeated these actions several time. If I click on the Settings->General it tell me that the current Software Version is 14.7, which is misleading. If go to Settings->General-Software Update it tells me that iOS 14.7 is downloaded. The most annoying thing about this is that whenever I try to do anything I get a popup window saying "A new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 14 beta." Which makes me want to smash the freaking phone into 1000 pieces because it won't let me update and it won't stop nagging me about it.

The error message is clearly wrong. I am connected to the internet. I have no problems accessing things on the internet including Apple websites. How do I fix this problem?

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 12:36 PM

If you have used a beta version, delete the beta profile.

Otherwise, check: Settings - General - iPhone Storage - check here for an iOS update file. Delete the file.

Check again for the correct iOS version (14.8).

1 reply

"Unable to Verify Update iOS 14.7 failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.