Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i go to sleep while i started updating iOS 14.8

Can i go to sleep while i started updating iOS 14.?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 1:58 PM

Yes, you can safely go to bed while your iPhone is updating. If you have automatic updates turned on, your iPhone will try to install updates overnight while your iPhone knows you won't be using it. Make sure your iPhone is connected to its charger while updating.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you wake up and your iPhone still shows an Apple logo with a progress bar, try force restarting your iPhone. If this doesn't resolve your issue, Contact Apple Support for more help.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 1:58 PM in response to Kitchenaid69

Yes, you can safely go to bed while your iPhone is updating. If you have automatic updates turned on, your iPhone will try to install updates overnight while your iPhone knows you won't be using it. Make sure your iPhone is connected to its charger while updating.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you wake up and your iPhone still shows an Apple logo with a progress bar, try force restarting your iPhone. If this doesn't resolve your issue, Contact Apple Support for more help.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Can i go to sleep while i started updating iOS 14.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.