Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

carplay ios 14.8

I upgrade my iPhone to iOS 14.8 and now my carplay is not working. My car is a volvo Xc40 2019. Any help plase.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 9:35 PM

Hello there try and follow https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210892

3 replies

Sep 19, 2021 12:46 PM in response to Bunky

All,

I think I figured this out at least for BMWs with iDrive 7. There must be some sort of quirk between the iDrive software (I had updated to 3/2021.50 about a month ago, and my Apple CarPlay continued to work with iOS 14.7.1) and iOS 14.8. I'm sure more intelligent people on this forum can explain why.

I noticed that my BMW wasn't showing up in WiFi like it used to when using Apple CarPlay, so I thought maybe I should try and reset the iDrive system since I had rebooted my iPhone several times and deleted both my X7 from my iPhone's Bluetooth and my iPhone from the iDrive system and tried to re-pair it multiple times. Here's what I did:

1. I reset the iDrive system by pressing the On/Off/Volume dial for the BMWs radio for >30 secs. The iDrive monitor will go completely black and reboot.
  2. I went into Bluetooth and did "Forget this device" for my X7 in my iPhone.
  3. I deleted my iPhone from the mobile device list in iDrive on my BMW.
  4. I re-paired my iPhone and selected "Use Apple CarPlay" when prompted, and voila, everything is working again.

adagio1971,

For what it's worth, my wife drives a 2020 XC90, and Apple CarPlay is working fine with my iPhone w/ iOS 14.8. Did you check if you are plugged in to the USB port that has the white border around it for the Apple CarPlay system to work when plugged into an iPhone?

Sep 18, 2021 5:54 PM in response to om990

I also have the same question. 2020 BMW X7 and iPhone 12 Pro and just updated to iOS 14.8 recently. I have done all of the things suggested in the link above and more. My iPhone will now only connect by BMW iDrive (Bluetooth Music and Phone), but Apple Carplay is no longer working. Software version in BMW is 3/2021.50 and is latest version available. When I try to select Apple CarPlay, it tries and then says:

"Connection Failed. Please check the Bluetooth and Wifi setting on your mobile device.

Retry

Cancel"

Anyone else having this issue with BMWs and iOS 14.8?

Thanks!

carplay ios 14.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.