Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple carplay not working on new iphone 13 on IOS16.5.1 (a)

I just changed my phone and Apple carplay not working on new iphone 13 on IOS16.5.1 (a), but yet when i plug in my old phone on IOS16.5.1 no issues at all

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 8:20 AM

If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display and select it. Restart your iPhone and your car. Make sure that Siri is on. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 8:20 AM in response to Bikerbabe108

If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display and select it. Restart your iPhone and your car. Make sure that Siri is on. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

Jul 12, 2023 9:01 AM in response to Bikerbabe108

Apple has withdrawn the iOS/iPadOS 16.5.1(a) and macOS 13.4.1(a) security measure.

See -> About the security content of Rapid Security Responses for iOS 16.5.1 and iPadOS 16.5.1

About the security content of Rapid Security Responses for iOS 16.5.1 and iPadOS 16.5.1 – Apple Support (UK)

• Apple is aware of an issue where this Rapid Security Response might prevent some websites from displaying properly. Rapid Security Response iOS 16.5.1 (b) and iPadOS 16.5.1 (b) will be available soon to address this issue.

• You can choose to remove Rapid Security Response (a): In Settings > About > iOS Version, tap "Remove Security Response." Then tap Remove to confirm.

Jul 12, 2023 8:23 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks, my car only shows the carplay button when a phone is attached on cable.. so it wont show it as it says no phone connected.

I have restarted car and phone several times

I have been through all the settings with Apple support today and they are stumped - waiting for someone more senior to ring me now, but its frustrating as only difference between the phones is the IOS update

Apple carplay not working on new iphone 13 on IOS16.5.1 (a)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.