Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden I can no longer drag downloaded songs to my Music on my Apple mac

I have an Apple macOS Big Sur 11.6. I have the latest version of music but all of a sudden I cant drag downloaded songs to my music. Can anyone help me with a fix to this problem?

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2021 11:33 PM

seanlea Said:

"I have an Apple macOS Big Sur 11.6. I have the latest version of music but all of a sudden I cant drag downloaded songs to my music. Can anyone help me with a fix to this problem?"

-------

What to Do:

A. Close all Applications:

Close all applications(saving file first), including Music, and try this once more. If it cannot close, then use "Force Quit..."

Using "Force Quit...":

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: [application]
  4. Click: Force Quit button
  5. Click: Force Quit button
  6. Try this once more...

If of No Success...

B. Restart your Mac:

See what happens when you restart your Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2021 11:33 PM in response to seanlea

seanlea Said:

"I have an Apple macOS Big Sur 11.6. I have the latest version of music but all of a sudden I cant drag downloaded songs to my music. Can anyone help me with a fix to this problem?"

-------

What to Do:

A. Close all Applications:

Close all applications(saving file first), including Music, and try this once more. If it cannot close, then use "Force Quit..."

Using "Force Quit...":

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: [application]
  4. Click: Force Quit button
  5. Click: Force Quit button
  6. Try this once more...

If of No Success...

B. Restart your Mac:

See what happens when you restart your Mac.

All of a sudden I can no longer drag downloaded songs to my Music on my Apple mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.