Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Return to factory settings of MacBook Pro 2018 with broken screen

Hi guys, I will really appreciate if someone helps with the following.

i have broken the screen of my Mac book pro 2018 and I want to erase all data before I sell it.

i succeeded to use an external monitor and mouse and in run it wit comm+r in reset mode and I started the process of erasing.

After that I lost connection between the Mac and external monitor and want to see if the reset is done properly. Can you help me wit connecting the Mac with the monitor and then see what happened.

Thanks in advance for kind cooperation!

BR,

Kosta

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:01 AM

kosta195 wrote:

i have broken the screen of my Mac book pro 2018 and I want to erase all data before I sell it.
i succeeded to use an external monitor and mouse and in run it wit comm+r in reset mode and I started the process of erasing.
After that I lost connection between the Mac and external monitor and want to see if the reset is done properly. Can you help me wit connecting the Mac with the monitor and then see what happened.
BR,
Kosta

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 7:01 AM in response to kosta195

kosta195 wrote:

BR,
Kosta

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your - Apple ...

Return to factory settings of MacBook Pro 2018 with broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.