Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call banner showing calls from Puerto Rico even though I don't have any contacts from there

I've noticed especially in the morning if I get an incoming call from someone outside of my contacts the banner shows the number and the location coming from Puerto Rico but then when I look in my recent call log it shows the call is from my local area. Even though the calls from Puerto Rico don't have an area code from PR. The calls are coming from my local area code in the DC metro. Today I got a call from a different area code and again it said it was coming from PR even though the area code from SC and was from someone I was expecting a call from. I've tried to restart my phone so we'll see if that fixes the issue based on a previous post with a similar issue.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:19 AM

Contact your carrier. They provide the text for caller ID.

Similar questions

1 reply

Call banner showing calls from Puerto Rico even though I don't have any contacts from there

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.