Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 17 making calls randomly by itself

Dear all,

Something funky I'm experiencing since I upgraded to IOS17

iPhone 14 Pro

IOS: 17.0.1

So since the upgrade, I'm getting calls back from German people asking why I called them - However, I did never call them, and neither does my phone show an outgoing call to those people in the dial history list.

They however can show me a screenshot where they saw an incoming call from my number.

If so I want to make awareness for Apple to investigate.

The main reason I ask this is because I'm see a thread on Reddit from people who had the same in PB2

(https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/15ngpxz/ios_17_pb2_phone_calling_people_randomly_in_the/ )

Edit: these are numbers not in my contact list and unknown persons .

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 6:03 AM

However i have not encountered this problem on iOS 17, I have dealt with these in the past.

The thing was however that it was not an iOS bug, but scammers that used my number to call potential victims.

(This means not that they make calls with your telecom provider, but the one that receives the call, will see your phone number as the caller. AKA: spoofing.)

If I were you, I would go check if your phone number is publicly available somewhere online.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 6:03 AM in response to kristofvdo

However i have not encountered this problem on iOS 17, I have dealt with these in the past.

The thing was however that it was not an iOS bug, but scammers that used my number to call potential victims.

(This means not that they make calls with your telecom provider, but the one that receives the call, will see your phone number as the caller. AKA: spoofing.)

If I were you, I would go check if your phone number is publicly available somewhere online.

IOS 17 making calls randomly by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.