Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Random Number Displaying to People when i call them

I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS version 16.5. For a few days, when I call anyone from my contact list, they are displayed a random number instead of mine. My E-Sim is not activated and I use only one number in my phone. This is a very strange phenomenon.

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 10:28 PM

ajr175 Said:

"Random Number Displaying to People when i call them: I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS version 16.5. For a few days, when I call anyone from my contact list, they are displayed a random number instead of mine. My E-Sim is not activated and I use only one number in my phone. This is a very strange phenomenon."

-------

Contact your Carrier:

Google the number, and find out what it pertains to. You need an eSIM card or SIM card to get this to work. Regardless of the number shown, you need Contact your Carrier, asking them why this is occurring.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2023 10:28 PM in response to ajr175

ajr175 Said:

"Random Number Displaying to People when i call them: I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS version 16.5. For a few days, when I call anyone from my contact list, they are displayed a random number instead of mine. My E-Sim is not activated and I use only one number in my phone. This is a very strange phenomenon."

-------

Contact your Carrier:

Google the number, and find out what it pertains to. You need an eSIM card or SIM card to get this to work. Regardless of the number shown, you need Contact your Carrier, asking them why this is occurring.

Jun 15, 2023 10:34 PM in response to ajr175

ajr175 Said:

"Random Number Displaying to People when i call them: Are we sure it's a Carrier issue? Because I am based in one country and the number that reflects to others is from a different country."

-------

Contact he Carrier:

I would not know, but contact your Carrier, nonetheless. Dod you ask what the number is? Did you google the number?

Random Number Displaying to People when i call them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.