Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover my notes if accidentally deleted the note app?

I have accidentally deleted the note app. I can't see the icon anywhere, not even in Icloud menu when logging to settings.how can I recover note app with notes I made. I’m not quite sure whether it’s been saved in I clouds.

thank you.

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 9:00 AM

Notes saved in iCloud may be recoverable - but first you’ll need to resolve the problem of the missing Notes App.

If the Notes App was simply deleted from your iPad, the App can be re-installed from the Apple App Store. Using the App Store App, just use the Search tool - and search for Apple Notes. Once located, simply install as any other App.

Next, assuming that the missing notes were synchronised with iCloud, you should be able to recover any deleted notes within 30-days of deletion. You need to use a web browser to sign-in to iCloud:

https://icloud.apple.com

The procedure to recover deleted notes can be found here:

Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If your notes were not synchronised with iCloud, your only hope of recovery is to restore the data from a pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup. If you don’t have a backup, your deleted notes have been irretrievably lost. More information about restoring from a backup can be found here:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 9:00 AM in response to nalinda160

Notes saved in iCloud may be recoverable - but first you’ll need to resolve the problem of the missing Notes App.

If the Notes App was simply deleted from your iPad, the App can be re-installed from the Apple App Store. Using the App Store App, just use the Search tool - and search for Apple Notes. Once located, simply install as any other App.

Next, assuming that the missing notes were synchronised with iCloud, you should be able to recover any deleted notes within 30-days of deletion. You need to use a web browser to sign-in to iCloud:

https://icloud.apple.com

The procedure to recover deleted notes can be found here:

Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If your notes were not synchronised with iCloud, your only hope of recovery is to restore the data from a pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup. If you don’t have a backup, your deleted notes have been irretrievably lost. More information about restoring from a backup can be found here:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support (UK)

How can I recover my notes if accidentally deleted the note app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.