Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Somehow an important note was deleted from the notes app. Would itvhave been saved in my cloud?

I somehow deleted an important note from my notes app. I do have no it’s toggled on under my iCloud settings. How can I retrieve the deleted note?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 6:01 AM

If you sync notes with iCloud, look to see if there is a note in your Recently Deleted folder in notes. If none appears, it is gone. You could check whatever email account you used for your notes to see if it might be in the trash.

if you do not sync with iCloud (toggle off). You may be able to recover from a backup that contains the note. Factory reset and erase your device, then set it up using the backup. You’ll lose anything new since the last backup but recover your note

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 6:01 AM in response to IreneCRNA

If you sync notes with iCloud, look to see if there is a note in your Recently Deleted folder in notes. If none appears, it is gone. You could check whatever email account you used for your notes to see if it might be in the trash.

if you do not sync with iCloud (toggle off). You may be able to recover from a backup that contains the note. Factory reset and erase your device, then set it up using the backup. You’ll lose anything new since the last backup but recover your note

Somehow an important note was deleted from the notes app. Would itvhave been saved in my cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.