Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music to Iphone 11

Why can't I drag and drop songs into my iPhone 11, I would also like to update my iTunes but that is a complete mess too

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 8:37 AM

Because Apple did not make it so that could be possible.

To transfer music to the iPhone, you have to use iTunes own Sync option. If you set the option to manually manage music, you can Dra and drop songs from the song list in iTunes / Finder to the device on the side bar.

If you are running macOS 10.15 Catalina as stated indoor device tag line, then you no longer have iTunes to worry about. On Catalina and later iTunes has been split into 3 different apps. The TV App, the Music app and the Finder.

These all update with the macOS version.

Follow the steps here to sync the music to the iPhone: click here-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 8:37 AM in response to Darxis

Because Apple did not make it so that could be possible.

To transfer music to the iPhone, you have to use iTunes own Sync option. If you set the option to manually manage music, you can Dra and drop songs from the song list in iTunes / Finder to the device on the side bar.

If you are running macOS 10.15 Catalina as stated indoor device tag line, then you no longer have iTunes to worry about. On Catalina and later iTunes has been split into 3 different apps. The TV App, the Music app and the Finder.

These all update with the macOS version.

Follow the steps here to sync the music to the iPhone: click here-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

music to Iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.