Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Found in Mail Function Bug

When Siri detects a new phone number, email, or street address, a "Siri Found in Mail" message appears for the contact in the Contacts app, in macOS. When you click on the corresponding 'i' icon, you are supposed to be able to select 'Ignore', or 'Add to Contact'. This works fine for addresses, but for phone numbers and emails, the 'Ignore' button does not work. I tried selecting 'Add to Contact', then manually deleting it, as a workaround, but the Siri suggestion still keeps returning. This bug has been present for quite a while, and has not been fixed in any of the macOS updates, including the most recent macOS Big Sur 11.6. I can't think of any way to get rid of all these extra suggestions showing up in my Contacts, other than turning the suggestion feature off, which would be shame, because it would be a good idea if it worked. I already posted this to Apple Feedback a while ago, and then again recently, but nothing has changed. If anyone has any suggestions, please post.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 8:49 AM

Thanks, so far that seems to have done the trick! I went to System Preferences / Siri / Siri Suggestions & Privacy, selected each app and unchecked 'Show Siri Suggestions in App' and 'Learn from this App', clicked <Done>, rebooted the Mac, then went back into System Preferences and re-checked all the Siri boxes mentioned above. A few Siri suggestions showed up, and when I clicked <Ignore>, they went away (finally). Thanks for the tip!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 8:49 AM in response to whydavewhy

Thanks, so far that seems to have done the trick! I went to System Preferences / Siri / Siri Suggestions & Privacy, selected each app and unchecked 'Show Siri Suggestions in App' and 'Learn from this App', clicked <Done>, rebooted the Mac, then went back into System Preferences and re-checked all the Siri boxes mentioned above. A few Siri suggestions showed up, and when I clicked <Ignore>, they went away (finally). Thanks for the tip!

Sep 18, 2021 10:57 AM in response to whydavewhy

Hello Whydavewhy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, Siri is suggesting contacts through the Mail app, but you can't ignore it. We'll do our best to assist.

Have you tried to disable and re-enable this feature yet? If not, try that and see if that sorts it out: Ways to use Siri on your Mac

Under section, 'Customize Siri suggestions'.

You could also test this out in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Use the sections below the steps to boot to safe mode on how to solve the issue, given what occurs when you boot there.

If that doesn't resolve it, then it might be best to Contact Apple Support

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Siri Found in Mail Function Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.