Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote for Apple TV is lost. All the support says to use the remote app in my phone. But those instructions all refer me back to using the lost remote to enter a code. It’s a circle.

Remote for Apple TV is lost. Support says to use the app in my phone as a replacement. However, all the instructions say in need to enter a code into the Apple TV which I can’t do because the remote is gone. I’d appreciate any ideas.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 4:52 PM

Is this for your Apple TV HD [A1625]?

For Apple TV (4th generation or later), the code should appear on the TV screen, which you can then copy to your phone.

Only the older models (3rd generation) would have that sequence reversed.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can of course choose to buy a replacement remote. Buy the Siri Remote (2nd generation) - Apple Store online

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 4:52 PM in response to blackburnhouse

Is this for your Apple TV HD [A1625]?

For Apple TV (4th generation or later), the code should appear on the TV screen, which you can then copy to your phone.

Only the older models (3rd generation) would have that sequence reversed.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can of course choose to buy a replacement remote. Buy the Siri Remote (2nd generation) - Apple Store online

Remote for Apple TV is lost. All the support says to use the remote app in my phone. But those instructions all refer me back to using the lost remote to enter a code. It’s a circle.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.