Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple's Blocking of text message senders is totally worthless

As far as I can tell "blocking" a Text Message sender doesn't ever actually work!

Does it work for anyone else out there?

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 7:28 PM

Never tried it, but details are at: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/block-filter-and-report-messages-iph203ab0be4/ios

3 replies

Sep 19, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Richard Laycock

I'm using an iPhone SE 14.4.2. (I don't want to update the OS right now.) I am having the same issue. I've been using the block feature on my iPhones for years. It isn't working now. I usually block spam, which seems to work and one or two people. I thought maybe he has some kind of hack to prevent it blocking his texts, but since others are having the same issue with blocking texts, it must be a bug.

Sep 20, 2021 3:49 PM in response to muguy

Thanks for the help. I've tried the Block Caller tool but it's totally bogus. It's never done a **** thing!

I'll check out the other options. As a programmer I can't think of any reason why Apple, running a proprietary OS can't code the whole process. Why? Because somewhere down the line they collect $$$ from spammers! No one in Big Tech is honest anymore. No one.

Apple's Blocking of text message senders is totally worthless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.