Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Push Notifications don't appear.

Hi

I have a new Apple Watch 6 and it's connected to my iPhone X.

I have both using the iPhone settings for notifications.

The issue is when I receive a new mail, unlike all the other apps, I don't get a push notification, even though its set. I get the ping of a new email on my phone, but nothing appears on screen about the new email.

Have I set something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 3:00 AM

OK, I may have accidentally found the solution.

I awoke this morning to a couple of Mail notifications on my watch.

This was before I opened my iMac.

Now that my iMac is switched on and I have my Mail app open all the time I don't get notifications on my iPhone or Watch.

I am assuming it believes that the app is in use and therefore no need to send a notification.

I will do a test and close the app and see what the result is.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 3:00 AM in response to Matthew.S81

OK, I may have accidentally found the solution.

I awoke this morning to a couple of Mail notifications on my watch.

This was before I opened my iMac.

Now that my iMac is switched on and I have my Mail app open all the time I don't get notifications on my iPhone or Watch.

I am assuming it believes that the app is in use and therefore no need to send a notification.

I will do a test and close the app and see what the result is.

Sep 19, 2021 11:09 PM in response to Rob Snow

Nope, that is not what I was trying to say.

I understand I only get notifications on my Watch if my iPhone is locked and not in use. I accept that.

What I was trying to say, is I have several apps that send notifications to my iPhone or watch when pushed. What I am saying is even though Mail is set to push notifications, I never receive notifications on either device when I receive a new email.

Is that a little clearer?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Mail Push Notifications don't appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.