Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Software 14.8 Upgrade

I had clicked on the upload button on my iPad yesterday afternoon and set aside my iPad. Now my iPad is FROZEN. It says "iPad will restart when upgrade is complete". I started this process over 15 hours ago!!!! This is a newer 7th generation iPad that I just purchased in 2020. I never had a problem downloading upgrades before. What can I do?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 8:18 AM

Chance are the update failed.

For older iPad models with a Home button, try a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

If your iPad is responsive, once again, try the iPadOS update process, again IF your iPad did not update to the latest iPadOS 14.8.

Good Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 8:18 AM in response to LucyLinusH

Chance are the update failed.

For older iPad models with a Home button, try a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

If your iPad is responsive, once again, try the iPadOS update process, again IF your iPad did not update to the latest iPadOS 14.8.

Good Luck to You!

iPad Software 14.8 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.